Meet Stephen X. Giunta, M.D
My name is Dr. Stephen X. Giunta (pronounced June-ta), which is of Italian origin but I was born in New York State. My parents came thru the Great depression of the 1930’s and World War II and I carry the values of the “greatest generation”.
We are dedicated to your safety and privacy.
My specialty is COSMETIC PLASTIC SURGERY also called Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and have been doing it for over thirty years. However for the last 21 years, I have also developed and pioneered in the Sub-Specialty of male genital (penis) enlargement and related procedures.
I work in suburban Washington D.C. and my patients come from all over the country and many other foreign nations.
In starting this website, not only do I want to tell you about how cosmetic genital surgery for both men and women works, but also about some of the interesting and fascinating stories of the over 20,000 thousand patients I have been privileged to have cared for during the course of my career.
Brief Bio: A few words about me
I earned my medical degree from Georgetown University Medical School as did my father and brother so you could say I have been in medicine all my life. After two years in internship and residency, I did general practice, even making over 400 house calls. I knew all I really was passionate about was surgery and since it was the age of specialization, I decided to specialize in surgery and completed six years of surgical residency in the State University of New York system and fellowship training in New York City and Rome, Italy.
That was over 30 years ago. I am Board Certified by three Boards and have performed over 20,000 surgical procedures of many types. My contributions include several original operations, implants and instruments that bear my name. I have published several original articles and recently finished a book chapter on Free-Fat Grafting soon to be published.
As a member Fellow of many scientific societies, I have lectured and done teaching both here and abroad. I work in my state of the art clinic, which is fully accredited for safety and excellence. I have an outstanding staff of highly competent well-trained professionals.
We are dedicated to your safety and privacy.
Stephen X. Giunta, M.D.
- Eagle Scout (Youngest in USA)
- St. Bonaventure University, B.S.Student SenatorWho’s Who in American Colleges and Universities
- Georgetown University, M.D.
- Surgical Internship – E.J. Meyer Memorial Hospital(Now ECMC) Buffalo, N.Y., SUNY at Buffalo
- Surgical Resident – Millard Fillmore HospitalBuffalo, N.Y.
- Surgical Resident – State University of New York (SUNY) at Buffalo
- General Practice – Buffalo, New York
- Otolaryngology Residency, SUNY at Buffalo
- Clinical Instructor, SUNY at Buffalo
- Chief, ENT Dept. – Buffalo, Columbus Hospital
- Private Practice
- Certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose, Throat)
- Certified American Board of Cosmetic Surgery
- Certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (A.A.F.P.R.S)
- Diplomate National Board of Medical Examiners
- Fellow International College of Surgeons
- Fellow European Academy of Facial Surgery
- Fellow American Academy of Otolaryngology/Head & Neck Surgery
- Fellow American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- Member American Society of Liposuction Surgery
- Fellowship in Facial Plastic SurgeryA.A.F.P.R.S. awarded
- Preceptor – Fellowship Program (OBS.) – AACS
- Charter Member, American Academy of Aesthetic and Restorative Surgery
- Ethics Committee State of VA. Medical Society
- New York State Impaired Physicians Committee
- The Neo-Tip Defining Points. The American Journal of Cosmetic Surgery 1:2, 1984.
- Nasal Tip Surgery – A Simple Technique to Aid Symmetry, Laryngoscope, 94: & 1984.
- Mentopexy – A New Operation. The American Journal of Cosmetic Surgery, 2:1, 1985.
- Augmentation Mentoplasty in ASIAN MEN AND WOMEN. Facial Plastic Surgery Clinics ofNorth America. Vol. 4 – No. 1, February 1996 – pg. 117 ff.
- Pre-Maxillary Augmentation in Asian Rhinoplasty. Facial Plastic Surgery Clinics ofNorth America. Vol. 4 No. 1, February 1996 – pg. 93 ff.
- A Simple Aid to Skin Closure. Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. Vol. 107 #5, April 5, 2001.
- Free Fat Graft in Penile Augmentation – 20 years Retrospective in publication
- Pre-Maxillary (for Rhinoplasty)
- “Mons Mentis” Chin – Caucasian and Non-Caucasian
- Giunta Universal Nasal Tip scissors
- Giunta Facial Lipo-Suction Cannulas
- Giunta Soft Tissue Forceps
- Giunta Fat Graft Cannulas
- Giunta Nasal Osteotome
- Giunta Modified Fat Extraction Cannula
- Mentopexy Types I, II, III (Chin & Jaw Surgery)
- Suprahyoid Release Cervicoplasty (Neck Surgery)
- MISL Phalloplasty
- Nasal Tipplasty
- Penile Liposhift
- Presentation of Septo-Rhinoplasty and Facial Plastic and Reconstruction Surgery and related papers at: A.A.F.P.R.S., A.A.C.S., Adrian Aiache Meeting, I.S.A.P.S., Joseph Society
Local and National Meetings
- New York City
- Buffalo, New York
- Miami, Florida
- Washington, D.C.
- Dallas, Texas
- Los Angeles, California
- San Francisco, California
- Palm Springs, California
- American Academy of Phalloplasty Surgeons Presentations
- Chicago, Ill. 1999
- Bal Harbor, Fl. 2000
- Phalloplasty Meeting – Rancho Mirage – 2001
- Phalloplasty Meeting – Rancho Mirage – 2002
- Phalloplasty Meeting – Las Vegas, Nevada – 2003
- International Lipo-Mesotheraphy Seminar – Orlando, Florida – 2005
- The Art of Perfection – Orlando, Florida – 2008
- American Medical Association – 2009
- Highlights from Testosterone Update Disease – 2009
- Abstract to Impact – Orlando, Florida – 2010
- World Congress on Liposuction Surgery – Washington, D.C. – 2010
- Facial, body & Extremity Liposuction with Stem Cell Fat Harvesting and Transfer Techniques – 2011
- World Congress on Female & Male Cosmetic Genital Surgery – Las Vegas, Nevada -2011
- Selected Topics in Orthognathic Surgery – Washington, D.C. – 2012
- Annual Scientific Meeting – Las Vegas, Nevada – 2013
International Meetings - Presenter, Speaker, Instructor
- Guarnavaca, Mexico
- Koblenz, Germany
Committees – Memberships
- Virginia Medical Society-Ethics Committee
- Board of Directors American Academy of Phalloplasty Surgeons
- Millard Fillmore Hospital – OR Committee
- Buffalo Columbus Hospital – Tissue Committee
- Jefferson Hospital – Pharmacy Committee
- (Alexandria, Va.) Tissue Committee
- Quality Assurance Committee